Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, employers have a duty to report and investigate accidents and incidents that occur in their workplace. The purpose of this program is to educate you on the duties of all workplace parties when investigating workplace accidents and incidents.
Employers, Managers, Supervisors, JHSC Members, Health & Safety Representatives, HR Professionals
Approx. 30 min
- Important Definitions
- What is an Investigation?
- Purpose of Investigations
- Root Cause Analysis
- Causation Model
- Steps to Conducting an Investigation
- Reporting and Notification Requirements
- Understand what an accident/incident is and why it should be investigated
- Know your legal role and responsibilities in accident/incident investigations
- Understand the steps to conducting an investigation
- Know your reporting and follow-up requirements
Upon completion of the program and passing a final, multiple-choice exam, learners will be provided with a certificate of completion that can be downloaded and printed for their records.