Introduction to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, more commonly referred to as DEI, has become top of mind for many organizations. But what does it really mean? The purpose of this program is to provide you with an introduction to diversity, equity and inclusion and provide you with practical strategies for creating a workplace culture of belonging.
Employers, Managers, Supervisors, HR Professionals, Employees
Approx. 1 hour, 30 minutes
- What is Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?
- Discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Understanding Diversity and Cultural Awareness
- Stereotypes and Biases
- Uncovering Your Unconscious Bias
- Addressing Microaggressions
- Creating a Workplace Culture of Belonging
- Understand how to define Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Understand the different forms of discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Understand the importance of cultural awareness and cultural competency
- Understand how to define and identify stereotypes and biases
- Understand what microaggressions are and strategies to address them
- Understand what steps you can take to create a workplace culture of belonging
Upon completion of the program and passing a final, multiple-choice exam, learners will be provided with a certificate of completion that can be downloaded and printed for their records.