Understanding & Applying Ontario Employment Legislation
The purpose of this program is to provide a high-level overview of what employers need to be aware of as it relates to the six key pieces of employment legislation in Ontario and how to apply these requirements in your workplace. This program will cover the following pieces of employment legislation: the Employment Standards Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Pay Equity Act.
Employers, Managers, Supervisors, HR Professionals
Approx. 1 hr 30 min
- A History of Employment Legislation in Ontario
- Legislative Framework in Ontario
- Equality – Employment Standards Legislation
- Employment Standards Act, 2000
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1990
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997
- Equal Opportunity – Human Rights Legislation
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- Ontario Human Rights Code, 1990
- Equity – Employment Equity Laws
- Pay Equity Act, 1990
- Understand the purpose of the key pieces of legislation that apply to employment in Ontario.
- Understand the main compliance requirements under each piece of legislation.
Upon completion of the program and passing a final, multiple-choice exam, learners will be provided with a certificate of completion that can be downloaded and printed for their records.