Understanding the Employment Standards Act (ESA)
The Employment Standards Act (ESA) provides the minimum standards that all employers must comply with. The purpose of this e-learning program is to provide a summary of the minimum standards and responsibilities of employers in Ontario workplaces.
Employers, Managers, Supervisors, HR Professionals
Approx. 1 hr 45 min
- An introduction to the ESA
- Who is covered under the ESA?
- Posting and distribution of information
- Record Keeping
- Sections of the ESA
- Payment of Wages
- Hours of Work
- Vacation Pay and Vacation Time
- Public Holidays
- Leaves of Absence
- Termination of Employment
- Temporary Layoffs
- Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Enforcement of the ESA
- Enforcement Blitzes, Audits and Complaints
- Penalties and Fines
- Understand the purpose of the Employment Standards Act and who is responsible for enforcement of the Act and Regulations
- Understand the rights and obligations of employers, supervisors and employees under the ESA
Upon completion of the program and passing a final, multiple-choice exam, learners will be provided with a certificate of completion that can be downloaded and printed for their records.