Understanding the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)
The Human Rights Code provides equal rights and opportunities without discrimination in areas such as employment, housing and services to everyone in Ontario. Employers are responsible to ensure that their workplace is free from discrimination and harassment. The purpose of this e-learning program is to educate participants on the employer obligations under the Code.
Employers, Managers, Supervisors, HR Professionals
Approx. 1 hr
- Introduction to the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Who is covered under the Ontario Human Rights Code?
- Protected Grounds
- Employer Obligations
- Direct Mind
- What is discrimination?
- Forms of Discrimination
- Duty to Accommodate
- Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Hiring and Employment Practices
- Ontario’s Human Rights System
- Understand the purpose of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the protected grounds and the liability of non-compliance
- Understand the obligations of employers, managers, and supervisors under the Code as it relates to employment
Upon completion of the program and passing a final, multiple-choice exam, learners will be provided with a certificate of completion that can be downloaded and printed for their records.