Introduction to Health and Safety (Employees)
The purpose of the Occupational Health and Safety Act is to set out the duties for all workplace parties as it relates to health and safety. The purpose of this e-learning program is to educate employees on what they must do to comply with the health and safety requirements under the Act.
Approx. 45 min
- Introduction to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1990
- Ministry of Labour Inspections and Investigations
- Tickets and Fines
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Internal Responsibility System
- 4 Basic Rights of Workers
- Health and Safety Policies and Programs
- Duties of all workplace parties under the OHSA
- Identifying, Reporting and Controlling Hazards
- Workplace Inspections and Investigations
- Understand employer and employee legal roles and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Be knowledgeable on how to identify and control hazards in your workplace
Upon completion of the program and passing a final, multiple-choice exam, learners will be provided with a certificate of completion that can be downloaded and printed for their records.