Uncovering Your Unconscious Bias
Many situations of harassment or discrimination in the workplace directly occur because of negative attitudes, biases, and held stereotypes towards an individual or group of individuals. The purpose of this program is to provide a high-level overview of discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code, unconscious bias, and practical tips and strategies on how to identify, reduce, and eliminate your unconscious biases.
Employers, Managers, Supervisors, HR Professionals, Employees
Approx. 1 hour
- Introduction to the Ontario Human Rights Code
- What is Discrimination?
- Impact on the Individual, Workplace, and Community
- Understanding Unconscious Bias
- Strategies for Managing Your Biases
- Understand the purpose of the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Understand the employer and employee obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and consequences for non-compliance
- Understand how to define discrimination and identify the different forms of discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Understand what unconscious bias is, and how to recognize it
- Understand practical tips and strategies to address your unconscious biases
Upon completion of the program and passing a final, multiple-choice exam, learners will be provided with a certificate of completion that can be downloaded and printed for their records.